Ghanaian highlife singer and songwriter Kofi Kinaata has become the only Ghanaian artiste to have won the songwriter of the year category of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards on a role for the fourth time.
The singer who incepted the Ghanaian music terrain in 2015 with his popular song “Made in Tadii” has come a long way to sustain his stand as the best songwriter among his contemporaries for four consecutive times.
In 2016, he emerged the best songwriter with his hit single “susuka” which also won him Best New Artiste under the year of review.
On the preceding edition of the Ghana music awards, the Takoradi singer stood tall among his peers to claim the Best songwriter of the year for the second time with yet another nationwide hit song “Confession”. He emerged Highlife artiste of the year and had won the highlife song of the year category on that night.
In 2018, Kofi Kinaata who had become the poeple’s favorite claimed the “Best Songwriter of the Year” for the third time with his 2017/18 release “Last Show”.
On Friday night at the Fantasy Dome this year, Kofi Kinaata was announced the best songwriter at the 22nd edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards and that makes him the only Ghanaian musician to have achieved such feat.
The twenty-second edition of the prestigious Vodafone Ghana headlined Ghana Music Awards had commenced on the night of 25th June 2021, Friday, at the Fantasy Dome-Accra.
The ceremony which is in two partition have had 13 plaques presented on the first night.
The night was themed “the industry night” and categories such as the Group of the Year, African Artiste of The Year, Traditional Artiste of the Year, Instrumentalist of The Year among other nine were presented.
The genesis of the two-day event witnessed live performances from artistes which includes, Fameye, Ded People, Okyeame Kwame, Yaa Yaa, Laruso and others.
The second part of the event is scheduled for Saturday, 25th June 2021 at the same venue.
Below are the listed winners of the first night.
- Traditional Group Of The Year – Manhyia Tete Nwomkoro
- Music For Food – Yaa Yaa
- Instrumentalist Of the Year – Nana Yaw Safo
- Best Male Vocal Perfromance – MOG Music
- Best Female Vocal Performance – Abiana
- Song Writer of The Year – Kofi Kinaata (Behind The Scene)
- Record Of The Year – Adina ( Daddy’s Little Girl)
- Sound Engineer Of The Year – Richie Mensah
- Unsung Artiste Of the Year – Nanky
- Lifetime Achievement Of The Year – Bob Pinodo
- Producer Of The Year – Richie Mensah
- Best Music Video Of The Year – MzVee (Baddest Boss)
- Group of The Year – Keche